HOMEABOUT CONTACTLINKLOVE

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Oh, How Pinteresting! and (Mostly) Wordless Wednesday (CAMPING EDITION!)

Happy Wednesday to all!
(I might be extra happy since it is my "Friday"!!)
This is my 7th time linking up with Michelle...

We're leaving Thursday morning for Pismo beach, 
4 days/3 nights of beach camping.  Hooray!
With this in mind, I've been combing Pinterest for quick and easy (and, of course, delicious!) camping recipes.  There are so many good ideas!  
I've been gravitating toward things I remember making and eating way back in my Girl Scout days. It's been years since I have thought of some of the food ideas.


Unfortunately it's not gonna look like this when we arrive....haha

 Even though I feel a little stressed prior to leaving for a camping trip (and taking off work) (don't want to forget anything!), once we arrive, I always relax right away.  It's such a great way to unwind, take in some calming nature, and spend time with people you enjoy.
Source: pinterest.com via Catherine on Pinterest

I've found waaaay too many options for food, 
but I hope we can cook up at least 2 or 3 of these while we are in Pismo.  
I plan to cook every single thing in foil.  
Less dishes and less cooking implements required. :-)


Breakfast...
"Idaho Sunrise"... I like this idea!  Egg, some bacon, cheese, maybe some scallions? Cooked inside a hollowed out baked potato. 



 Lunch.... 
Ham and cheese pull apart sandwiches.


OR... Potatoes with onion and bacon between the slices, 
foil wrapped and cooked on coals. 


Dinner....  
Meatball onion bombs...prepare before leaving. I've read it's like a mini meatloaf. 



or...Pizza Cones.  (this pic is mouth watering) Might be too difficult with wind and sand.
Source: tumblr.com via Cynthia on Pinterest

or... Hobo Packs!  Used to make these at Girl Scout camp. 
 (meat, veggies, and some sauce or spices, cooked in foil)


And for dessert.... 
Banana S'Mores!  Chocolate chips (or peanut butter or butterscotch, or all of them!), mini marshmellows, some graham cracker crumbles...put the banana peel back in place, wrap in foil...O.M.G.


or...the Camp Cone!  Waffle cone stuffed with chocolate chips (or PB chips, or butterscotch chips!), nuts, mini marshmellows, etc.  Nom Nom Nom!

Source: chefjessicabright.com via Cynthia on Pinterest
Yep, I think I'll be gaining a few pounds on this trip!  






Source: etsy.com via Cynthia on Pinterest


And I can't wait!  


A few other ladies I link with on Wednesdays...
and
 then, she {snapped}

2 comments:

Courtney Cakes said...

You just made me so so so hungry.

Sara said...

I need to try the pizza cone right away!