HOMEABOUT CONTACTLINKLOVE

Monday, November 12, 2012

Weekend Rewind

Hi guys!  
Sadly I am working today but here's what I did this weekend...

Friday...

I, of course, hit plenty of traffic on the way home. 
But that means I also got a decent amount of time to rock out in my car to my iPod.

I ate some left over split pea soup when I finally got home.  (Amazing  recipe here.)

I read and wrote some blogs.

I dealt with this kind of nonsense all evening... 
(How dare those people walk on the sidewalk across the street!?!)

Later on I picked up my BF from his friend's house and then we had Mexican food on the way home.  And my MIL arrived for the weekend.

Saturday...

We got up pretty early, especially for me, and especially for a Saturday.  Lame.

Did some more blog maintenance and planning.  :-)
(Wrote up this post for my food blog.)

We went to Goodwill to see if there were any picture frames, and we bought this lovely thing! Just $10, holla!


We did also find another frame for my map/frame project. My idea was inspired by this Pin, but mine will be a world map and the frames are all different shapes and sizes.  



I can't decide on whether to paint the frames or not (all white? or all reddish wood stain to match our furniture? or all different colors?) or just leave them as they are, a quirky mix.  There are one or two that I definitely bought for the size/shape, and NOT the frame texture/color, so something will probably need to be done before the map goes in the frames, just not sure what yet.

Early/mid afternoon I did laundry, swept, avoided lawn mowing clean up, and went to the store for a few things. (Ahem, blog swaps.)  

I also cleaned up one of the smaller frames I found at the thrift store a couple weeks ago, and put inside the frame THIS PRINT that I won in a giveaway over at  Hope Squared.
It's from Dragonflight Dreams Etsy shop, and she does them in almost any color combination you can imagine. 
I love it & can't wait to get it up in our bedroom!  
(The frame & print, luckily, fit just perfectly!) 



 Saturday night we watched BRAVE (2nd time for me, first time for BF and MIL)! 

We also had Thai food for dinner.  Yummm, Thai tea.  Our favorite.

Source: goo.gl via shelia on Pinterest


Sunday...

Got up too early AGAIN.

I took down Halloween decorations, did some more laundry, and a few other chores. 

(with BRAVE in the background! hehe.  Oh, Monsters University... The trailer is on the BRAVE DVD, looks cute!)

 And that's a wrap on the weekend.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Happy Veteran's Day!  If you have the day off, lucky you! I'm working. :-(
If you are a Vet or know one, thank you/them! 
(See my Military Care Package post here.  It's something small I did to show my appreciation, after reading an inspiring post from Miss Janna!) If you want to get involved, but don't know anyone personally who is serving (like me!) just visit her blog, she knows quite a few deployed people so she can provide an address.

A few notes from Neverland:
I've been tweeting about this AWESOME iPAD MINI giveaway!  
Click over to enter and check out Kelly, the lovely lady behind Messy.Dirty.Hair.

 Congratulations to Kim C. for winning the BRAVE giveaway!

Just one more... 
Have you Liked my Living In Neverland FB page yet?  
Click right there above, or you can find the link on the right, under my "about me" blurb.  
I post blog related items and Neverland related items, and... 
really anything that I think might interest you guys.  :-)


Linking up with Sami and English today!




9 comments:

Unknown said...

that trunk rocks! and you ate way better than i did this weekend! glad you had a good weekend!
Gabby

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Love your goodwill find!

I went to 97% all black frames in our house. It sort of works to make everything and anything look cohesive.

Betsy said...

New follower from the weekend update hop. LOVE the fame idea of the world. Might have to steal it when we don't live in a one bedroom condo and actually have free wall space again!

Amanda English said...

That Thai Tea looks really interesting!!! Sounds like a busy weekend! xoxo

Elise said...

One- my dogs freak out at the door even when the doorbell is not ringing.

Two- I am seriously in love with that map project. I have a giant empty wall in my living room that would look really cool with something like that...maybe not a map, but something...ideas are churning!

Alyx said...

Ahhh that map project looks so cool, I love it!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend, and that map project looks incredible! Wow.

xox serena @ spillerena.com

Janna Renee said...

Yum! Thai is my fave! That frame looks perfect with that print. What a thrifty find ;)

Amanda G. said...

That frame is perfect with the elephant! Glad you love it. :) And that map wall idea is neat.