HOMEABOUT CONTACTLINKLOVE

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Currently 3/5



      This post is inspired by Lindsey over at Ot & Et for her weekly link up "Currently"... 
(If she has time to post a link up this week, I'll link. If not I will join her next week!)
Her regular co-host is on a blog maternity leave but she's had various co-hosts filling lately.  All lovely ladies!  

This week Lindsey asked what we've all been declaring, saving, demolishing, sniffing, despising lately.  

Well, over here at my house we've been:


Declaring...
that this (9 month old) baby needs to stop sleeping in our bed for half the night! Even though ultimately, it is up to me to make the change, and since I have to get up at 6am every day for work, that's a lot easier said than done.  I need to start a new routine on a Friday, so I have at least 2 days/nights for a trial run.  But by Friday night I am so tired!  I just haven't done anything about it.  My boyfriend has thoughtfully not mentioned it, but I am sure he'd like to have our bed back, too. Baby boy's never even slept in his own room, except for the occasional nap.  I know it needs to change, but it also makes me kind of sad.  Is that crazy??  One night (a couple of weeks ago) I declared I was going to do it, and instead I cried while nursing him and thinking about it...so nothing happened.  His doctor (very kindly) told me to get on it at his 9month appointment yesterday!
I mean...Look at this face!  I can't even...

Saving...
 vacation time (and money) to hopefully go visit my mom in Yellowstone this summer.  This is her 3rd year going up there to work and I had SO.MUCH.FUN in 2012 when I went to visit.  I skipped last year (for obvious reasons - BABY!) but I am hoping we can make it this year.  (Although, I admit to being a bit nervous at the thought of traveling with a 1yr old!)

So fun seeing a bunch of these guys!  :-)


Demolishing...
 the head size chart!  haha   I was not surprised to learn my boy is in the 75th percentile for head size of 9 month old babies.  The doctor said she doesn't even look at his "adjusted" age stats any more, he is basically all caught up to other babies of his chronological age.  Makes this Mama happy. (25th % weight at 18lbs 15oz, and 50th% height)
  
 

Sniffing... 
(besides the obvious, baby's butt.  haha)  rain in the air!  As you may know, we've had an exceptionally DRY winter and it finally rained this week.  Good for the land here in California.  Not so good for the traffic.


Despising...
  the fact that we are not independently wealthy.  Yes, perhaps a bit unrealistic! I have had a few days lately where I just REALLY wished I didn't have to work. I would so love to be able to stay home with our boy for the next few years.  Unfortunately we don't have that option. Especially not living in San Diego!  Maybe if we lived somewhere with a lower cost of living we could pull it off...but then, well, we wouldn't live in San Diego!  haha  Luckily, we have the next best thing to Mama staying home, as his Nana cares for him every day and she loves him almost as much as I do.  :-)


Happy Hump Day everyone! 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd love to visit Yellowstone someday! I lived in Reno a few years (much closer than my now Northern Michigan location) and never made it there :( I found you and your adorable babe via the linkup! You should come enter my moccasin giveaway! xo Crista @ Hands and Hearts More Than Full

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

I would love to visit Yellowstone too. I love that picture of little boy and the toy on his head, it reminds me of a picture I took of my niece eight years ago :)

Unknown said...

Hi Cynthia, found you through the link up!! It's funny but I live here too, I have in Alpine. It would be great to know another blogger around here. Your boy is so cute! I have 3 boys myself, but they are not babies anymore.. :( Stop by and say hi at Stuckonacloud.com
http://stuckonacloud.com/

Randalin @ Harvesting Kale said...

My son is 3 and still sleeps with one of us for most of the night! I don't think there's necessarily a right age to transition them into their own beds full time. However, if it's not working for someone involved, then it's time to make a change :) Good luck!

Suzy said...

Sam was 6 months when he started sleeping in his room and it just made me so sad! I loved him sleeping in our room. If it weren't for my family coming to visit and us sleeping in the nursery, I probably would've waited longer. When he gets up early I used to be able to bring him into bed with us, but now, pfft, he's totally awake and into everything! Do when it feels right!

I wish I could stay at home too ('specially if I lived in San Diego! I would be at the zoo every day...ok, and maybe the beach) Some days I'm ok with it and then other days, so hard. But we should never feel bad about it:D